Recipe by grandma2969
this recipe makes about a dozen little "pockets" they don't last long at our house...have tried this recipe with peach halves..etc..sometimes I only chill dough about 1 hour before baking, original recipe said it made a dozen..but I usually don't have a "dozen" apricot halves in my can!recipe kept coming up, ground almonds, but I used almond powder....
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 16 ounces apricot halves, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- mix together the butter, cream cheese and flour.
- form a ball.wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- remove from refrigerater and work dough until pliable.roll out on floured surface.cut dough into 12 3" squares.
- combine sugar, cinnamon and dash of nutmeg and almond powder, if available, in small bowl.
- take each apricot half, roll in this mixture and place into one of these squares.
- fold up corners to the center to form a pocket.
- bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes.on a parchment covered sheet.or until lightly browned.
- remove to wire rack and when almost cooled.sprinkle with powdered sugar -- .