I came across this recipe recently while looking for apricot recipes. Although I haven't made it yet it sounds delicious combining two of my favorite things (apricots and pistachios). Processing time is included with cooking time, but cooling time and freezing time is not included (allow overnight freezing and an additional 2-4 hours cooling/refrigeration time). Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 1982)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water and sugar in medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 2Beat yolks in a large bowl until thick and forms a ribbon when beaters are lifted.
- 3Whisk in sugar/water mixture.
- 4Return mixture to saucepan over low heat, whisking constantly until mixture is thick enough to coat back of spoon. DO NOT BOIL.
- 5Transfer mixture to bowl which is set over ice water. Cool, stirring occasionally.
- 6Fold whipped cream into cooled egg mixture using a rubber spatula. Fold in apricot puree and pistachios.
- 7Refrigerate until chilled (at least 1 hour or per manufacturer's directions).
- 8Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and process per manufacturer's directions.
- 9Turn into plastic container and freeze.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot-Pistachio Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 822.3
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 533.8 mg
- Sodium 75.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 75.6 g
- Protein 21.3 g