Recipe by ellie_
This is a delicious way to use apricots if you are lucky enough to have a tree in your yard. Original recipe is from an old church cookbook.
- 3 1⁄2 cups pitted unpeeled apricots (about 20-24 apricots)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 pie crust 9 inch pie shell (your own or store bought)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients, except for pie crust.
- Roll out bottom crust and place in 9-inch pie pan.
- Pour filling into pie pan.
- Dot with butter and top with top crust.
- Crimp edges and cut"x" in top for steam.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes at 400-degrees F or until done.