Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Spread onto bread or crackers, or use as a condiment for baked ham or grilled meats. I like to make appetizers by spreading this marmalade on mini-biscuits and topping with smoked turkey. Very versatile.
- 7.39 ml canola oil
- 118.29 ml red onion, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml green onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 473.18 ml apricot jam (I use apricot fruit spread)
- 2.46 ml hot pepper sauce
- black pepper, to taste
- Heal oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Add peppers and onions, reduce heat to medium low and saute 3-4 minutes, until vegetables soften, not browning.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cool marmalade and then store in refrigerator.
This is truly a 10 star recipe, Jo. So versatile, too. I, first, served on cream cheese and toasted baguettes. Then, marinated some chicken in it and grilled. Wonderful taste and just the right heat for us! Made for PAC Fall 07.