Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A fluffy muffin bursting with flavor. This is a great muffin base recipe. I use it for all my muffin baking, just change the ingredients to use what I have on hand. The apricot is so wonderful. People who don't like apricots even ask for more of these.I Usually use my dehydrated apricots but fresh works great also.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricots, chopped
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in nuts & apricots.
- Spoon into paper lined or greased muffin pans.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. I have used this recipe for mini-muffins, regular muffins and jumbo muffins.
Very good! Definately a fluffy muffin, as Janie says, rather than a dense moist muffin. I used fresh homegrown apricots and the muffins came out sweet and vanilla-y with chunks of sweet-tart fruit. I omitted the pecans and used 2 cups of fruit. They were so good, I made 3 batches and froze them. Thanks Janie!