Recipe by Fran6
This is based on truebrit's Eggnog Bread (#103993) which is delicious. Since I'm not really a fan of raisins or cherries, I substituted dried apricots, plus I increased the amount of pecans. The original recipe calls for a regular loaf pan baked at 350F for 70 minutes. I use 3 tiny loaf pans (3in. x 5 1/2in. x 2 in.). at 325F for a about 50 minutes, and substitute Splenda for the sugar.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried apricots, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, Splenda and eggs.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into butter mixture alternately with the eggnog.
- Fold in apricots and pecans by hand.
- Spoon into 3 greased tiny loaf pans.
- Bake at 325F for 50 minute or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.