Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
Rich, moist poundcake best enjoyed in thin slices. Tastes best if allowed to sit overnight.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 -4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apricots, juice and 1/4 c sugar in saucepan. Heat to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until apricots have softened.
- Drain apricots well and reserve liquid.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and pecans.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese, butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Stir in apricots.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Fold in flour mixture, 1/3 at a time.
- Pour batter into greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 for 65-70 minutes, or until tests done.
- Remove from oven and slowly pour reserved liquid over hot cake.
- Let rest in pan for 10 minutes, then turn the cake out onto a wire rack.
- Make glaze by mixing juice and powdered sugar to desired consistency. Slowly pour over warm cake.
- Let cake cool completely, then wrap tightly and refrigerate overnight.