Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is great for a Chrismas gift. I like to include it in a pretty basket with homemade jams, mustard, and oils.
- 2 1⁄2 cups dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chopped apricot and warm water to cover in a large bowl; let stand 30 minutes. Drain apricot. Stir in pecans and 1/2 cup flour; set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine remaining 3 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add to butter mixture alternately with orange juice, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in apricot mixture.
- Spoon into 2 greased and floured 8- x 4-inch loafpans; let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire rack.