Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an old favorite that always tastes wonderful and complements the fruit so well (from a really old McCall's magazine).
- 3 -4 cups mixed fruit (as in title)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into bits
- In bowl mix one cup of flour, baking powder, and salt. In second bowl, beat 4 tbsp butter and sugar. Beat in egg. On low, alternately beat in flour mix and milk.
- In bowl mix 2 tbsp flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Rub in cold butter until crumbly. Spoon batter over filling; top with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake in a 350 oven until nicely browned and fruit is bubbling.