Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a family Christmas time favorite. It is a good idea to double or even triple the recipe as these treats disappear quickly.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 package)
- apricot preserves
- Place all ingredients minus the apricot preserves in a large bowl.
- Blend well with pastry blender.
- Divide dough into two balls and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Take one ball of done out at a time and roll 1/8" thick.
- Cut circles with round cookie cutter.
- Center one scant teaspoon of preserves into center of circle.
- Brush half of the edge of circle with beaten egg.
- fold over and crimp edges with fork.
- Brush top with egg.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- place on lightly greased cookie sheet and put in 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.