Recipe by Kim127
This is from the food section of Real Simple Magazine. You can use either the shortbread cookies or replace them with chocolate wafer type cookies and use strawberry or raspberry preserves instead of the apricot. You may want to break the cookies up just a little.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
great dessert! I made this using my recipe#147093 that I sliced in a cookie size squares, I think this would work great using different flavors of preserves and I am going to give that a try, thanks for sharing Kim we enjoyed this!
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 4 shortbread cookies (such as Lorna Doone)
- 2 cups prepared vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip (or other whipped cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the preserves into a small bowl and stir until thinned.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the preserves into each of 4 parfait glasses (or other type of small glass).
- Top each with 1 cookie.
- Top cookie with 1/2 cup vanilla pudding.
- Top pudding with another tablespoon of preserves.
- Finish by topping each parfait with some cool whip.