Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the food section of Real Simple Magazine. You can use either the shortbread cookies or replace them with chocolate wafer type cookies and use strawberry or raspberry preserves instead of the apricot. You may want to break the cookies up just a little.
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 4 shortbread cookies (such as Lorna Doone)
- 2 cups prepared vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup Cool Whip (or other whipped cream)
- Pour the preserves into a small bowl and stir until thinned.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the preserves into each of 4 parfait glasses (or other type of small glass).
- Top each with 1 cookie.
- Top cookie with 1/2 cup vanilla pudding.
- Top pudding with another tablespoon of preserves.
- Finish by topping each parfait with some cool whip.
great dessert! I made this using my Kittencal's Buttery Flaky Shortbread Pan Cookies that I sliced in a cookie size squares, I think this would work great using different flavors of preserves and I am going to give that a try, thanks for sharing Kim we enjoyed this!
Made this up in a small casserole dish for a neighbor couple with a sweet tooth (I love those kind of neighbors!) & they were thrilled with it! I used the shortbread cookies AND a very generous 1/2 cup of preserves, alamost 3 cups of vanilla pudding, then topped everything off with some crushed oreo cookies (Thanks to Redsie)! Made a little side dish just for taste-testing, of course ~ What a wonderful dessert! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]
This is easy and so good! Used marmalade and 100 calorie pack of oreo cookies that I crussheda bit. Didn't add any Cool Whip - added a bit more crumbled cookies. Thanks Kim! :)