Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy, Healthy, Delicious!
- 1 roasting chicken, skin removed and cut up (or pieces of your choice)
- 4 ounces of chunky apricot preserves
- 1⁄2-1 cup finely crushed corn flakes
- 1 dash cinnamon, to taste mixed with preserves
- Pam butter cooking spray (optional) or melted butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Brush chicken liberally with preserves.
- Dredge in crumbs & place in shallow dish or pan on a nonstick pad.
- You may totally leave fat out or place chicken in sprayed pan and spray with Pam or drizzle melted butter over the chicken in the pan.
- Cook uncovered 45 minutes or until done if chicken pieces are large.
- **NOTE: DO NOT POKE CHICKEN WITH FORK TO CHECK IF ITS DONE, IT WILL MAKE THE JUICES RUN OUT AND IT WILL BE DRY**.
Very tasty! Made as written with b/s chicken thighs. It was slightly sweet, but not too sweet and the addition of the cinnamon gave it a nice flavor kick. Both my DSs liked it so that is a huge bonus! Made for Photoless Recipe Tag in the Photo Forum.
What a great recipe - I followed it exactly as written and it was a very tasty and colourful dish! I thought the crushed cornflakes made it just a bit on the dry side - and when I make it next time, I think I will make an apricot sauce to go with it - to moisten it up......but, a GREAT low fat recipe - thanks for posting this,we loved it! FT:-)