Recipe by franrobson
I love these fresh from the oven for breakfast with my favorite fruit. Mixture can be prepared ahead and refrigerated for up to 12 hours lightly covered.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup slivered dried apricot
- 2 tablespoons coarsley grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl whisk together eggs, yogurt and butter and pour over dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle with apricots and orange rind.
- Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Scoop into greased or paper lined muffin cups, filling to top.
- Bake in centre of 375 oven for about 20 minutes or until golden and tops are firm to the touch.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving warm.