Trisha W's Note:
This yummy salad has fruit and vegetables both in it and is topped with a delicious sour cream/cream cheese mixture with cinnamon in it. Make ahead so it can set and pull it out at meal time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) box orange gelatin (I prefer Jello)
- 1 7/8 cups water
- 1/8 cup Grand Marnier
- 8 ounces dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)
- 1 (16 ounce) can mandarin oranges, with juice
- 1/2 cup carrot, curls
- 2 oranges, juice of
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1Bring the water and grand marnier to a boil and pour over the gelatin in a large bowl. Stir till gelatin dissolves.
- 2Add the dried apricots and cranberries and let sit and cool for about 5-10 minutes.
- 3Using a potato peeler, make thin strips using one or two carrots so that you have 1/2 cup of carrot curls.
- 4Add the can of mandarin oranges with juice, the carrot strips, juice of two oranges and 1/2 C cold water.
- 5Stir, let set in a bowl or mold of choice in the refrigerator.
- 6Blend the topping ingredients well.
- 7After jello has set, spread on top. Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot-Orange Salad With Sour Cream/Cream Cheese Topping
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 139.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry coconut powder