Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is from 365 One Dish Meals. Yum!
- 1 large orange
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves
- 6 ounces frozen pea pods
- Preheat oven to 350. Grate zest from orange and set aside. Remove and discard white pith. Separate orange into segments and reserve.
- In a large casserole, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork tenderloin and cook, turning, until browned, 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add green pepper and onion to the same casserole and cook, over medium-high heat, stirring, until onion is soft, but not browned, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, ginger, orange zest and seasonings from the rice mix and the rice. Reduce heat to low.
- Drain syrup from apricots into a 2-cup measure.
- Add enough water to measure 2 cups. Stir into rice mixture Place tenderloins on top of rice mixture.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes, or until pork is cooked through.
- Add pea pods, orange segments and apricot halves; do not mix inches
- Bake uncovered, 5 minutes longer, or until pea pods are heated through.