8 hrs 30 mins
Submitted for RSC #9.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken in half, lengthwise, using a sharp cleaver and kitchen shears as needed. Remove skin.
- 2Prepare marinade: Place ingredients, orange slices through fennel bulb in a non reactive container large enough for skinned chicken halves to lie in marinade, fleshy side down.
- 3Marinate at least 8 hours, preferably overnight. Occasionally baste the upside of chicken with marinade.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade, lightly dab with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Discard marinade.
- 5For glaze: Soak the apricots in the boiling water, approximately 30 minute Remove apricots and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- 6Place apricots, Grand Marnier, and Soy Sauce in Food Processor and blend till smooth.
- 7Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 8Brush chicken generously with the apricot glaze.
- 9Place sliced onion and fennel in bottom of 13 X 9 baking dish, glass preferred. Place the glazed chicken halves, bone side down, on top of onion and fennel slices. Cover with foil and place in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- 10Remove foil and bake an additional 20-30 minutes until meat thermometer, inserted thigh registers 165 degrees. Remove chicken halves from pan and keep warm.
- 11Place onions, fennel and juices from pan in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add a little water if needed. Strain sauce.
- 12Cut chicken into quarters and place on serving plate. Drizzle with sauce, and pass remaining sauce.
- 13Tip: To supreme an orange: Peel with a knife, removing all white traces. Slice segments between the white skin parts, so that you just have skinless segments.
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Orange Chicken Heart Healthy
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 877.2
- Calories from Fat 480
- Total Fat 53.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 544.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 61.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: