Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found online from Taste of Home - Light &Tastey
Make and share this Apricot Orange Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade (100% spreadable fruit)
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot, cut into thirds
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and rice to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry chicken in hot oil for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the marmalade, apricots, five-spice powder and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and stir into chicken mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with rice.
This smelled devine while cooking. I've never used five spice powder before. This was very good.