1/4 Photos of Apricot Orange Bundt Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
I love bundt cakes & this one has been a favorite of mine for over 20 years! *For the 1/3 cup of orange juice in the glaze, I like to use half OJ & half Triple-Sec, or something similar!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups dates, chopped
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
For the glaze
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, then grease & flour a 6-cup Bundt pan.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, on high speed, beat the sugar & butter 5 minutes or until light & fluffy.
- 3Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each, & scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- 4On low speed, add vanilla, dates, apricots, nuts & zest, mixing well.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, soda & salt.
- 6Into the original large mixing bowl, with the mixer on low speed, alternate beating, the flour in fourths & the buttermilk in thirds, into the batter, beginning & ending with flour, & mixing well.
- 7Pour the batter into the Bundt pan & bake 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before inverting cake onto a wire rack over a sheet of foil & remove the pan.
- 9Meantime, for the glaze, in a small saucepan, stir together all the glaze ingredients.
- 10Bring to a boil & cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens slightly.
- 11Poke holes in the top of the cake with a long, thick skewer at about 1" intervals.
- 12Brush the HOT glaze over the top & sides of the cake, then cool completely.
- 13Store at room temperature, tightly covered, for up to 3 days. The cake, tightly wrapped, can also be frozen.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Orange Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.7 mg
- Sodium 79.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 3.3 g