Recipe by Sharon123
This is really good. I got this from a book called Tofu Cookery. The flavors marry well.
Top Review by lortle
Really nice! Looks great and tastes great, very good with rice. Mine was a bit too sweet, but I'm sure it was because I used a sweetish prepared mustard. Next time I will use a stronger, non-sweet one. I fried the tofu with the onions because I wanted the onions really brown. Will make this for company for sure. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons apricot jam
- 5 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (less if you prefer) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the tofu into 1/4" slices and lightly fry.
- Arrange the fried slices in a baking dish.
- Saute the chopped onions in the oil until transparent.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu and bake 10-15 minutes, until bubbling.