Recipe by Missy Wombat
From Grassroots magazine
Top Review by Dorel
WOW!!!I made these with just apricots as DH loves anything apricot. I used 1/2 cup Cointreau instead of orange juice and think I got tipsy eating them.LOL.I would recomend using OJ with about a tablespoon or two of Liqueur. These were a little overpowering but very tasty and warm in the mouth and throat if you know what I mean. I didn't get 30 balls, I guess I made mine too big. Thanks Donna for the nice treat.
- 100 g pitted prunes
- 75 g dried apricots
- 45 g raisins
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 125 g desiccated coconut
- 90 g almonds, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place prunes, apricots and raisins in a bowl.
- Pour over the orange juice or liqueur and mix to combine.
- Set aside for 1 hour to macerate.
- Place fruit mixture in a food processor and process to finely chop.
- Transfer fruit mixture to a bowl.
- Add the orange zest, 75 g of the coconut and almonds.
- Combine well.
- Form fruit mixture into small balls, adding a little more orange if necessary.
- Roll balls in remaining coconut to coat.
- Place on a plate line with plastic food wrap, cover and chill until firm.