Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This delicious ham will feed anywhere from 12-14 people which makes it a perfect ham to serve at a holiday dinner! Plum preserves can be used in place of the apricot. Cooking time is for an 8-pound ham if you use a different size then cooking times will have to be adjusted slightly. If you like more glaze to serve on the side then double the preserves and orange juice but still use only 3/4 cup to pour on the ham. I add in cayenne pepper to just about everything, you can omit it if desired or add in for a little extra spice!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (just use a small amount cayenne!)
- 1 (8 lb) smoked ham, half (use a fully-cooked ham)
- 1 (12 ounce) can cola drink
- 1 (8 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare a greased shallow roasting pan.
- Score fat on the ham in a diamond pattern.
- In a small bowl mix the first 7 spices together (or 6 if omitted the cayenne pepper) then sprinkle on the ham (make certain that the ham is covered evenly with the spices).
- Place the ham in the roasting pan/dish.
- Pour the cola into the pan.
- Cover the ham with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.
- In a bowl stir together the preserves with orange juice.
- After the 75 minutes of cooking, spoon about 3/4 cup of the glaze over the ham, and continue to bake uncovered for another 15 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 140 degrees.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve with remaining glaze.