Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I hear these are soft and chewy and delicious, and I can't wait to try them! Recipe by Brenda Walsh on the show Cooking with the Micheff Sisters on their Holiday Cooking Swap episode. Keep fresh by storing in an air-tight plastic container. For variety, try adding raisins, dried cranberries, or dried prunes. You can also substitute pecans for the walnuts, or use other nuts as you like. She didn't specify the amount of cookies it makes so I did an estimation based on some of my own cookie recipes, so let me know if it's off. Enjoy!
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried apricot, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, margarine, vanilla and water. Mix.
- well, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet, placing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly, then remove from the cookie sheet.
This cookie recipe went together very easily for me & I ended up with 23 of the tasty little buggers! Another time I want to try apricots AND dried cranberries, but the recipe, as is, makes for some great tasting cookies! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders cooking game]
Mine did not stick together at all I dont know what I did wrong. But they tasted good I will use this as a topping for icecream or fruit. Made for ZWT4 the chic chefs.
These are just great! chewy and crispy, filling, surprising and guiltfree. There is not more to ask for, they are perfect! I made them for a Christmas Potluck an everybody loved them, i will make them on a regular basis i guess, they really go all year round, did i mention, they are cheap to make and no fuss, easy and taste great! Thank you so much, MORE FOOD LIKE THESE!