Recipe by dojemi
This cookie you could eat for breakfast. Prep time includes cooling.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This is a great oatmeal cookie. Very buttery and I love the additions of apricots, cranberries, coconut and almond extract. It brought these staple cookies to a new level. I omitted the slivered almonds as my husband does not like nuts in cookies. Dh only ate dinner so he could have these cookies afterwards! LOL! He thanked me over and over for making him those.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) or 1 cup margarine, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped dried apricot
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugars 2 minutes or until creamy, occasionally scraping bowl.
- Reduce speed to low; beat in eggs, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, almond extract, and 1/2 teaspoon salt just until blended.
- Stir in oats and remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 14 to 15 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Cool cookies on wire racks.
- Repeat with remaining dough.