Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe only has 5 ingredients! So simple so good. You may use strawberry or whatever jam is your favorite.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, oats pecans and butter.
- Mix well until entire mixture clumps.
- Press half of this mixture evenly into bottom of a greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Spread apricot jam evenly over surface, and sprinkle remaining half of mixture evenly over jam.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until well-browned on top.
I was suprised how good these are. Adding oatmeal works well, it doesn't have the typical "made from a cake mix" flavor. Buttery, crumbly layers sandwiched with a layer of jam. Used apricot amaretto jam but any variety would work well. Would be nice for a pot luck. Thanks, crabbycakes, for sharing the recipe!