Recipe by Mika G.
These are so good! You won't believe how fast and easy they are too! We love them!
Top Review by MamaJ
These are very good. I was looking for something quick and easy to bake for a Christmas cookie tray and these were great. I think next time I will substitute melted butter for the oil for added flavor. Thanks for posting Mika!
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricot preserves (preferably all fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly oil an 8x12 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, work together oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda with your fingertips until no lumps of brown sugar remain. Drizzle oil and fruit juice over the oats and mix in with your fingertips until evenly moistened and crumbly.
- Set aside 1/2 cup for the topping; press the remainder evenly in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread apricot preserves over the top. Sprinkle with reserved oat topping.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool in the baking dish on a rack. Cut into 15 bars.