- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease two cookie sheets.
- Beat sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Bean in orange juice and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, and salt. Beat into sugar mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Press in the middle to form a depression, and add a teaspoon of jam into each well.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.