Another favorite quick bread that my mom made when I was a child. I often make small tins of my apricot nut bread, pumpkin bread, and cranberry bread to give as teacher gifts, along with the recipe for each, during the holidays.
- In a small saucepan, cook the apricots in water until soft; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease and lightly flour two 7x3x2-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in butter, milk, orange juice, and egg; mix well.
- Fold in dried apricots, nuts, and orange peel.
- Spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely.