1/2 Photos of Apricot Nut Bread
1 hr 20 mins
Another favorite quick bread that my mom made when I was a child. I often make small tins of my apricot nut bread, pumpkin bread, and cranberry bread to give as teacher gifts, along with the recipe for each, during the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, cook the apricots in water until soft; drain.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Generously grease and lightly flour two 7x3x2-inch loaf pans.
- 4In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix well.
- 5Stir in butter, milk, orange juice, and egg; mix well.
- 6Fold in dried apricots, nuts, and orange peel.
- 7Spoon into prepared pans.
- 8Bake 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool on rack 15 minutes.
- 10Remove from pan.
- 11Cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1792.7
- Calories from Fat 532
- Total Fat 59.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 147.3 mg
- Sodium 2485.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 291.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 146.0 g
- Protein 36.1 g