Recipe by PaulaG
A pleasing combination of apricots and pecans make a lovely quick bread for your family or friends. I make this using Spelnda for 1/2 of the sugar. Low in added fat and cholesterol. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Chickee
Well! I thought, 10 apricots, that's not much fruit. But it's perfect in this delicately flavoured loaf. I made it with slivered almonds, and added a little almond extract. My husband loved it he had two pieces warm with butter! Thanks for a keeper!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 10 large dried apricot halves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a non-stick 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Measure all ingredients into a large mixer bowl.
- Beat on medium speed for 30 seconds, scrape sides and bottom of bowl.
- Pour into pan and bake in preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes; turn out and cool thoroughly.
- Slice into 16 even slices.