Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not skinny food, but really good. The apricots cut some of the richness of the kugel.
- 16 ounces cottage cheese, i use 1%
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream, i use low fat
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs or 5 egg substitute, equivalent
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (16 ounce) cans apricot halves, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large mixing bowl stir Cottage cheese, sour cream, 1 cup of sugar, eggs and melted butter or margarine until well blended.
- Chop 1 can of apricots.
- Stir chopped apricots and egg noodles into cheese mixture.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 inch pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with rest of apricots, (I cut them into slices).
- Mix cinnamon and 1 teaspoon sugar together and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour@ 350 degrees or until golden and bubbly.
- Cool for 5 minutes.