Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not skinny food, but really good. The apricots cut some of the richness of the kugel.
Make and share this Apricot Noodle Kugel recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces cottage cheese, i use 1%
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream, i use low fat
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs or 5 egg substitute, equivalent
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (16 ounce) cans apricot halves, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a large mixing bowl stir Cottage cheese, sour cream, 1 cup of sugar, eggs and melted butter or margarine until well blended.
- Chop 1 can of apricots.
- Stir chopped apricots and egg noodles into cheese mixture.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 inch pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with rest of apricots, (I cut them into slices).
- Mix cinnamon and 1 teaspoon sugar together and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour@ 350 degrees or until golden and bubbly.
- Cool for 5 minutes.