Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Came across the original of this recipe while scouting for recipes suited to Zaar's World Tour!
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & grease a glass baking dish.
- Cook flat egg noodles in boiling water for 7 minutes, then drain & spoon noodles into prepared baking dish.
- Wisk together milk, sugar, cream cheese, eggs, nectar & melted butter, beating for 2 minutes.
- Stir in quartered apricots, then add mixture to noodles in baking dish.
- Bake about 60 minutes, until kugel is set & top is golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
This a very good kugel that is even better with 8 oz of cream cheese. I like more cream to noodle ratio. The apricot nectar is subtle and the addition of dried apricots was really good and different. Thanks so much for posting, I will be using this recipe again.