Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Stir fried apricot chicken with noodles. Sure to please picky eaters, what is even better is it takes less than 20 minutes to have on the table!!
- 2 large chicken fillets
- 1 (425 g) can apricot nectar
- 40 g sachet French onion soup
- 1 (425 g) can apricot halves
- 1 (200 g) packet cellophane noodles
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil, for the pan
- 1 (500 g) bagfrozen stir fry vegetables
- Prepare the noodles as per the packet directs and continue the below steps while softening.
- Slice the chicken in to strips.
- In a large fry pan add the oil and fry the chicken until just sealed.
- Meanwhile combine the soup mix, apricots and nectar together.
- Add the frozen vegetables and the apricot mixture over the chicken and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and add into the chicken mixture.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes (just to heat through).
- Serve immediately.
Yum! This was so delicious and very quick to make. I had to change two things, I used chicken thighs (instead of chicken breast) and used vermicelli noodles (instead of cellophane noodles). The flavour was wonderful and everyone in my family enjoyed it. Thank you cookingpompom for a wonderful recipe.