Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from a set of recipe cards my sister received as a gift when we were all still living at home. This quickly became a family favourite, and is still loved by all of us!
- 155 g plain sweet biscuits
- 75 g butter
- 470 g apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 375 g low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons arrowroot
- reserved apricot nectar
- 2 teaspoons rum
- Combine finely crushed biscuit crumbs and melted butter, mix well. Press mixture firmly on to base of 20cm springform tin. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Measure 1 cup aricot nectar from can (reserve remainder for topping). Pour nectar into small saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over.
- Place over low heat and stir until gelatine dissolves; allow to cool and thicken slightly.
- Beat softened cream cheese and sugar until mixture is smooth and creamy, add lemon juice.
- Beat in apricot mixture, then fold in whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into crumb crust, refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Place sugar and arrowroot in saucepan. Gradually stir in reserved apricot nectar.
- Bring mixture to the boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat and add rum.
- Continue stirring for a few minutes to allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Spread topping over cheesecake, refrigerate until topping sets.