Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from both my mother-in-law and my stepmother. It's my husband's favorite dessert!
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon supreme cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can apricot nectar
- Mix all ingredients with spoon until smooth.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour in a greased Bundt pan.
- Make a glaze with ReaLemon juice and powdered sugar and pour on cake while hot.
- NOTE: No specific amounts were given to me for the glaze- I usually start with about 1°C.
This is the one cake that DH mentions is his favorite from childhood. It is very dense and flavorful. Very good hot from the oven, but I froze the latest. We'll see how it turns out after thawing, but it sure is a good cake fresh. Make sure you grease and flour your bundt pan well. My last one fell apart when I tried to pop it out of the pan. Good thing the glaze covers all!
Turned out fab, moist and flavorful, more compliments than box cakes normally get at one of our weekly summer picnics. It rose beautifully, making a nice tall cake (i love when a cake makes use of the entire pattern on my bundt pan). I replace 1/4 of vegetable oil with softened butter, and used an actual lemon for the glaze.
A very nice cake, indeed. Lovely and moist. We subbed peach nectar for the apricot (had it on hand). Will make again.