Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Moist and delicious. From Miss Daisy's Tea Room, Nashville, TN.
Top Review by lily29girl
Wonder taste, an excellent keeper. It will easily keep a week. It takes awhile to apply the glaze so it seeps in and does not just pool at the base of the cake. I drizzled a few tablespoons at a time over a period of time. Finally, I still had glaze left, but felt the cake was well saturated, so I just poured the rest in the center. It did absorb.
- 1 box yellow cake mix or 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 juice and grated lemon, rind of
- 1 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together in a large bowl, cake mix, jello, vegetable oil, apricot nectar and eggs.
- Using an electric mixer, mix until well blended and smooth.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until tests done.
- Meanwhile, mix together powdered sugar, lemon juice and grated rine, and orange juice, set aside.
- Let cake cool in pan for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and place on serving platter.
- With a toothpick, poke several holes in cake.
- Pour/drizzle glaze over top of cake.