Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my Great Aunts Recipe and a favorite of my Fathers. It is a very moist and tangy cake that starts with a box of lemon cake mix. A very easy but elegant dessert.
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons apricot nectar
- Grease and flour bottom only of tube pan, then line with wax paper.
- Then mix all cake ingredients with electric mixer for 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix topping ingredients well and pour over cake while cake is still warm.
- Cool and serve.