Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 mins
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 lbs leg of lamb, butterflied
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 cup beef stock, canned/homemade
- ground pepper
- The crisp coating keeps the lamb succulent and juicy.
- Bake 10 minutes longer for medium-done.
- If you use frozen lamb, defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
- Combine jam, mustard, garlic, soy sauce, olive oil and rosemary.
- Reserve 2 tbsps.
- of marinade for sauce.
- Brush remainder all over lamb.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Broil lamb for 3 minutes per side.
- Then bake lamb at 425 degrees fat side up for 20 minutes or until just pink.
- Remove from oven and let rest on a serving dish for 10 minutes.
- Pour off any fat in pan.
- Add red wine to pan and reduce to 1 tbsp.
- Add beef broth, reserved marinade and any extra lamb juices from the serving dish.
- Bring to boil and hoil for 2 minutes.
- Slice lamb in thin slices against the grain.
- Serve with some sauce poured over.