Recipe by internetnut
This recipe costs $2.70 per serving. I found this recipe in All You magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 8 split chicken breast halves, on the bone (7oz each)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces and softened
- 12 dried apricots, cut into thin slivers (4oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. In a small saucepan, whisk together jam, mustard and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, whisking occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring, until jam has dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Divide and arrange in one flat layer in 2 large baking dishes. Pour jam mixture over chicken and turn to coat. Dot chicken butter. Scatter apricots over chicken and bake, uncovered, until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through, about 1 hour, turning and basting chicken often during baking time. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot with sauce from baking dishes spooned over top.