Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Hawai'i's BEST Mochi Recipes
- 1 lb mochiko sweet rice flour
- 2 (3 ounce) packages apricot gelatin
- 1 (12 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 12 ounces water
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- katakuriko, for sprinkling (potato starch)
- Combine all ingredients except katakuiko and mix thoroughly with whisk or spoon.
- pour into a 9x13" greased pan.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350F for 55 minutes.
- Cool with cover on for 15 minutes.
- Remove Foil and cool for several hours before cutting with a plastic knife.
- Coat with potato starch.
Delicious recipe, but incredibly dense. Maybe I did something wrong, but I think I followed the recipe exactly! The texture was just really off -- didn't even need to sprinkle with katakuriko because mochi was so dense.
This is a good recipe... I also tried making a Green Tea version of the recipe which turned out really good. I posted it here if interested: Green Tea Mochi
If you like mochi, you really should try this recipe. I was going to post this recipe in response to a request, but found that seb had beat me to it. This is very easy & full of flavor.