Recipe by kelsharitt
This is one of my favorite lush desserts, and it is so moist it even quiets my thirst. I found the recipe on Flora's Recipe Hideout.
- 24 dried apricots (halved)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer apricots in water about 1 hour.
- Let cool to lukewarm, and add maple syrup. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut together crust ingredients. Begin by making a well in the flour and then adding other ingredients; mixture will be crumbly.
- Press one half of the dough into the bottom of a lightly oiled 9-inch square pan. Pour on apricot filling.
- Sprinkle on remaining dough.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Cool and cut.