Recipe by Miss Annie
These make a wonderful fall dish with a fruity twist. The apricot and sweet potato flavors really go well with each other.
Top Review by Dreamgoddess
I love sweet potatoes and always like to try new recipes using them. This one is fabulous - a wonderful blend of spices with a subtle fruit taste...delicious. I served these with a glazed pork roast, beans and cornbread. Yum, yum!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup milk or 1⁄3 cup cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot; add cold water to cover by about 1 inch.
- Cover and bring to a boil; reduce the heat and boil gently until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except preserves, and mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Add apricot preserves, and stir potatoes well.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- If the potatoes seem dry, add a little more milk.