Apricot Macadamia Biscotti
- Line 2 rimless baking sheets with parchment paper or grease; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat in eggs, milk and almond extract. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture. Stir in nuts and apricots.
- On lightly floured surface, form into four 2-inch wide logs. Place, 3 inches apart, on prepared pans. Bake in top and bottom thirds of 350°F oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until light golden and firm, about 22 minutes. Let cool on pans for 10 minutes.
- Transfer logs to cutting board. Using chef’s knife, cut diagonally into ½ inch wide slices. Stand slices upright, ½ inch apart, on prepared pans; bake in top and bottom thirds of oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until dry, about 30 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool.
- Dip half of each cookie into chocolate; return to rack and let set. (Make ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and store for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.) Makes about 48 cookies.
- Canadian Living.