- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot
- 1 1⁄2 cups red lentils
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 3 roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, garlic, and apricots in olive oil. Add lentils and stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, and season with cumin, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice. Puree 1/2 of the soup in a blender, then return to the pot. Serve.