Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is so simple and is sure to impress your other half--or the inlaws.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 small sole fillets or 4 small flounder fillets
Apricot lemon sauce
- 2⁄3 cup low-sugar apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In pie plate, combine egg and water. In plastic bag, combine crumbs, salt, paprika and pepper. Dip each fish fillet into egg mixture; drop into bag and shake to coat with crumbs. Arrange fish in single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake at 425ºF for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (Do not turn fish.).
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients; heat until bubbly. Serve sauce with fish.