Recipe by Chris Reynolds
I found this recipe in Light & Tasty Taste of Home. This is wonderful to cap off a summer meal. It is light, full of apricot flavor, and not too sweet. I fix mine in a ice cream mixer, but the directions are for just a regular pan (the ice cream mixer is easier if you have one). Prep time does not include freezing time.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3 cups apricot nectar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is dissolve. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the apricot nectar, corn syrup and lemon juice. Transfer to a shallow container. Cover and freeze for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Spoon into a large chilled metal mixing bowl. Beat for 1-2 minutes or until light and creamy.
- Return to shallow container. Cover and freeze until firm.