1/2 Photos of Apricot/Lemon Chicken
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
The breading does not get crispy, rather it combines with the apricot mixture and forms a lovely, soft coating. I like using lots of lemons, but it's a matter of personal preference. For the preserves, I used Apricot/Orange Conserve #116457, which also contains raisins and nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine preserves, lemon juice, soy sauce, and zest in a bowl.
- 2Dip chicken pieces in mixture. The large chunks won't stick. Reserve the left-overs for a baste.
- 3Coat the dipped chicken pieces with bread crumbs, patting to adhere crumbs to chicken.
- 4Place chicken in greased 13x9 pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Drizzle with melted butter.
- 6Bake for 35 mins., then remove from oven and pour the reserved apricot mixture over the chicken.
- 7Bake until done, perhaps 30-mins. depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- 8Remove from oven and squeeze one whole lemon (or to taste) over the chicken.
- 9Serve with lemon edges, steamed rice and green salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot/Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.0
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Sodium 737.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 37.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of