Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Every once in a while we have a soup and sandwich night at church. Sometimes, appetizers end up on the buffet. I found this in an old TOH and plan to try them out on the church crowd.
- 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage - drain and set aside.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet. Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Return the sausage to the pan and cook for 5-6 minuted or heated through.
This was pretty good. I doubled the sausage, but not the sauce, and it still had a lot of sauce!
This was very easy to fix and went together in just a few minutes with ingredients I had on hand. I used peach jam as that was what I had and it was still great. You could tailor this to your own tastes by adding red pepper flakes for a spicier version. All in all, a very good recipe to have on hand.
I think this has a little too much of the apricot preserves. It's too sweet and the preserves give it a weird texture. We tried it with orange marmalade and liked it better.