Dienia B.'s Note:
Blue Ribbon Preserves by Amendt. Get this book!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine apricots and water.
- 2Over medium heat bring mixture to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to a simmer gently for 5 minutes
- 4Take pan off heat; skim and let set 30 minutes.
- 5Sieve the apricots and strain juice from pulp (use pulp in apricot jam).
- 6Line sieve with 4 layers of clean damp cheese cloth.
- 7Strain; cover the juice and refrigerate overnight.
- 8Ladle the juice from container, being careful not to disturb the sediment from bottom using 3 cups of juice.
- 9To make the jelly, combine juices when they are warm add sugar.
- 10Stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved, bring to a rolling boil.
- 11Pour pectin in, bring to a rolling boil again, stirring constantly (apricot LOVES to burn) for 1 minute.
- 12Remove pan from heat; skim off foam.
- 13Ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- 14Water bath for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (2632 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1693.0
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 434.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 425.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g