Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is the ONE! I finally found the Jello Mold for which I have spent so much time searching. This was in the Farimount Temple Cookbook from 1964 and my sister in law finally found it for me. In those days we didn't have apricot jello so we used the orange, today we don't have to do that anymore.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages apricot gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2 (6 ounce) jarsstrained apricot baby food
- 1 (28 ounce) can apricots in syrup, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Add apricots that have been mashed through a fine sieve.
- Add the baby food apricots.
- Allow to cool, until it starts to set.
- Add sour cream.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into large jello mold that has been greased with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours to set.
Absolutely awesome, have made it 3 or 4 times as it has become a favorite over night. Thanks so much for sharing. Mama GG
Di -- I am so glad you found AND posted this recipe. It is absolutely yummy. I'll be making this one often. I had trouble mashing the apricots through the fine sieve, so I mashed them up with a fork and them put the pulp in my egg slicer and sliced away. All in all there was just a little texture in the final jello but it went down very easily. Thanks for sharing!