Prep 10 mins
Cook 33 mins
Quite good and quick
- Put the apricots, water, lemon juice and cloves in a large bowl.
- Cook, covered with pierced plastic wrap for 10 minutes on high, stirring frequently.
- Remove cloves and add the sugar, stirring well.
- Cook covered on high for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Put a spoonful of jam on a cold plate.
- If a skin forms and the jam wrinkles when the plate is tilted, setting point has been reached.
- If jam is still liquid, cook for a further 2-3 minutes on high, Pour into hot sterilized jars, .cover with seal and ring; cool completely listening for the seal to snap. Any that do not snap seal need to be used with in a week. Or alternately pour into freezer containers; cool completly and freeze.".
Very good... even with some not quite ripe apricots that had a bit of a tart flavor. I cut the sugar by 1/3... and it was plenty. Next time I'll try using 1/2 the sugar. I'm excited to use this and give it to some friends.
I had such a abundance of apricots I elected to make a large batch & cook this on the stovetop. The result is outstanding! The cloves add a nice hint of flavor without being overpowering. It took around an hour for my large batch to cook down & thicken. I froze in small plastic containers. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
I never made jam before so this recipe stuck out since it would be made in the mircowave making it all the better! This was easy to put together and easier to make. Love this recipe. Had it on some scones today and later with muffins. Great recipe!